May 27, 2010

Ok, I have simmered down. I got my desired budget. I am back to being a sweety again.
I have been cooking. And I have also been really lovin my man lately. I always love him but I have been overwhelmed with my love for him lately. I consider myself lucky.

For my *first* bridal shower, I received many items to make my kitchen a more domestic place. So I figured I might as well enter the kitchen once in a while. Check out how nice and shiny my All-Clad dishes are...
Last Friday I made him dinner. I made Ina’s Endive, Pear, and Roquefort Salad and Salmon and Lentils.
It was very delicious. (thank you to my wonderful friend, Nikki, for coming to the rescue and teaching me some very serious life skills- like, read the whole recipe before starting, do not substitute ingredients, and tuck your fingers in while chopping with your Wusthof knives. Thanks momma! You da bomb.) We sat at the table (sadly, a rare occurrence), talked a lot, and drank lots of white wine that made us very lovey dovey. We were also in bed by 10:30pm, which is heaven…

So tomorrow night I will be a domestic goddess once again. I have put out the feelers for what my man would want… He always asks for things like stew, or briscuit, or split pea soup, or noodle coogle... all things that begin with "my mom's ________". All things that his mother happens to make immaculately and in turn make me an insecure little chef.
Also on the agenda for a very exciting weekend- we are going to purchase our ketubah! Woop woop! I am excited to pick out the most artsy fartsy and colorful ketubah the Judaica store has to offer. I am excited to tell all of my gentile friends what it is. I am excited to sign that shit with my man on the day of our wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment