April 21, 2010

Today is our ENGAGIVERSARY! One year ago today I got engaged to the best man in all the land!

One year ago today I got into a tiff with him over a haircut. He said he didn’t want to get a haircut because he had a special dinner planned. I immediately said that was fine, because I love special dinners! I rushed home from work- to find him sitting on the couch watching a movie. Nothing on the stove. Nada in the oven. I was let down, to say the least. He said he was sorry- and that he just really didn’t want to get a haircut… but he had a bottle of Pinot Grigio, and we should drink it on the rooftop. The sun was about to set. Fine. We walked up the stairs to the rooftop of our building. There was a table and two chairs, wine glasses, a tablecloth, cloth napkins, napkin rings (!!), and a bottle of Prosecco. “He is just being nice he is just being nice” was on repeat in my head. we sat down to our five course meal from Piccollo Venice- our favorite spot. We cheers’ed our bubbly. He told the worlds longest roofing story. The sun went down and I got cold. He had my jacket on the roof waiting for when I got a chill. He is just being nice he is just being nice. More roofing story. A bit of me complaining about my job (I am sorry lovie- I know I do that too much). Then he said he had a present for me too! He is just being nice he is just being nice. It was a jewelry box. It was lime green and very very cool. It was empty. He is just being nice he is just being nice. He said he had more. He got down on his knee. He was so nervous. I could tell. He said- I love you, I want to be with you forever. Will you please marry me?

image via us- on our rooftop!

Thank you, my love. I am a very lucky girl. I know this. We are going to have a wonderful life together- full of happiness, laughter, respect, love and honesty (and a golden doodle and Arian babies). Cheers to forever! Love you mucho.

No comments:

Post a Comment